Wednesday, May 4, 2011

who is your favorite star wars characters?

I do not have a favorite Star Wars character as I haven't seen the films. Sure I've laughed at all the funny spoofs and what not, but I never actually grasped the concept of why this film has gotten so popular, and never did I actually sit down and watch the films. I tried reading the comics from MARVEL as my mom had them, but when I saw she also had her old cache of Creepshow and Tales from the Vault/Crypt/ect I chose to go the gory route. In no way am I against sci-fi, just not my cup of tea...then again I don't really like tea either. I've seen enough of the commercials and clips to piece together some dude falls in love with his sister-which unless I'm watching a film based off Shakespeare, I do not agree with, and even then it was hard to swallow the fact Hamlet slept with his mother. ANYWAYS, I also know some furry thing and Harrison ford have to go and do something with these incest-loving people...and that some dude doesn't like em and winds up being there father (which is typical, make the dad out to be a jerk) and that the film has spawned numerous sequels as well as created a grove of merchandise that's either collected or found in the dirt of a backyard (much like the one's my sister was given) In any case I've seen and heard enough of this series, and refuse to go back and watch something so long, as I fell asleep during titanic for it's lengthy story telling.

Don't get me wrong, star wars is apparently HUGE and has a lot of fans...unfortunately most of them saw the movie with their parents at young ages, and have now took to living in the basement at the age of 45 and still battling acne. Sure they have conventions on the films, where people dress up and flaunt their favorite characters, and once again, unfortunately psychiatrists are not free or on call for these events...But yea...star wars isn't that big of a film to my career. I respect the fact it was the "best" of it's kind for that time however other than that...it seems kinda boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment