Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I have found a bag of cash and I...

I have found a bag of cash and I slowly turn to the rest of my friends.

"What is it?" they ask.

"Yea, What's in the bag?" another questions.

"Cheesecake." I quickly reply, my eyes shifting from side to side in paranoia. "It's cheesecake!"

"Someone left cheesecake in a bag, in 100 degree temperatures?" Shit, I've been challenged. Jenni has always felt the need to dig deeper into my lies to sort out the truth. I tie the strings of the bag and look at her with as straight of a face as I can create.

"Yes, it's a cheesecake. Cherry as a matter of fact. It's still cold to. I'm going home to enjoy it."

"Oh hell no!" Jenni exclaims. "We want to see what's in that bag, we don't believe you."

"I'm in shock!" I protest, but it came to little to late. My group of friends was already upon me. Their hands stretched out as if they were feeling their way through darkness. With seconds to spare I leaped into a gallop down the road screaming for help...which wasn't the brightest of ideas.

What if my prayers were answered and someone did come to my call? What if they chose to join the mob in their lynching of me for the contents of the bag. What if they owned it?

Runnin farther and father, I took one quick look back. Yep, just as I expected, they're still chasing me. I turned back towards the intersection I was running towards and with my first step into the busy street BLAM.

And that's how I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment