Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Regrets

As of today I am unaware of any regrets I have. Sure I think about things I could have done differently, maybe handled problems more appropriately for a better outcome. However, I don't regret the actions I've taken. To me, every day is a possibility to learn and evolve as a person. If I make a mistake, I don't sit there and sulk in how I should have handled it. Instead I learn from the situation and address the errors so that the next time a similar situation would arise I will be able to handle it from a more realistic way. I let these new ways of thinking influence my actions and if ever a situation I've handled in the past is brought back up, I'm able to say "yea, that's the old Ricky."

I take influences from people, books, movies, almost anything I can get my hands on. With these influences in my cerebral cortex, I find it easier to handle things. Take the broadway RENT for example, which has inspired me (as well as countless many) to live without regrets. With their motto "No day but today" and their constant reminder to "forget regret or life is yours to miss" I rarely focus on what could have been changed in the past and set my goals on what can be changed in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment